"On YouTube we find that authenticity and storytelling tend to be more important than the quality of the video."
- Jessica Mason

Thursday, February 26, 2015

A Great Way to Express Yourself

Welcome back to my blog! Thanks for reading my posts. I really hope you're enjoying them!
In today's blog post, I'm going to talk about YouTubers. Not just any YouTubers, but the ones I know personally. If you think about it, all of the famous YouTubers started off as ordinary people living their lives just like everyone else. So, in reality, they all had great friends that supported their YouTube journey. I strongly believe that I am one of those people for some of my friends who've created an account.
I know at least five people in my life who've started a YouTube channel, two of them being really good friends of mine. I'm very proud of them for starting a channel because I know how much courage it takes to start an account and post videos, let alone follow it through. I don't think I would ever be able to make an account because of how much commitment it requires and I'm a fairly shy person on camera.

To me, the thought of posting videos on YouTube seems kind of scary. It's as if you were to be an actress on T.V. because it's the same level of exposure to the world. One of my best friends post videos on YouTube and she's told me before how much hope and strength it takes for her to keep posting them with the fear of being judged in the back of her mind. She has to commit time and money to make her videos (for all the supplies and video tools) and she feels bad if she can't post a video once every week. I'm very proud of her commitment and I think it's amazing that she wants to express herself online through videos. Who knows, maybe one day she'll become a famous YouTuber! YouTube gives the users a chance to express their opinion, their talents, their beliefs, their stories and their lives to everybody worldwide. The friend whom I've been talking about is Brooke. I believe Brooke is an amazing singer and she should continue to show everyone her talent. She also has a YouTube channel where she posts videos as much as she can. She tries to make a variety of videos for all types of viewers like ones who love beauty videos or those who loves vlogs and challenge videos. Here's the link to her channel if you would like to check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3Z9TBb9kc0O6sEo2fmhpsA

For today, I'll leave you with the video of my good friend Brooke singing a cover of "See Beneath Your Beautiful" by Labrinth recorded by Kerri Brown, a vocal coach, 2 years ago :


8 comments:

  1. Kimmy, Thank you for hoping I'm enjoying reading your blogs that's very kind of you. I do agree, i am also proud of Brooke and she's doing a good job. You are such a great friend and she's lucky to have you. I wish you the best of luck with your future blogs and I hope you succeed in life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Emma, any time! I am very proud that you're also supportive towards Brooke and her decisions. Emma, that is so very sweet and kind of you to say! You are an amazing friend and I'm so lucky to have you!! Thank you for wishing me the best of luck for my future blog posts and life! Same goes to you! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Kimberlee! That was a really nice blog post. I loved how you explained how much courage and strength you need to become a Youtuber and how you mentioned about how hard your friend,Brooke worked. It really gave a good example to others of they someday want to become a Youtuber. Also, just to tell you, your friend Brooke is a really good singer. Tell her to keep up the good work and of course you too. Can't wait to see what you post next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mona! I am very glad you enjoyed reading my blog post! I am so glad you got to learn about how much courage and strength you need to become a YouTuber. I will definitely tell her that you think that way about her, I think she'll be very happy! Please feel free to mention any suggestions that I could take into consideration for my blog posts to come! Please come back soon and your comments are always welcome! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow Kimmy, your blog is great! I love it. I especially love how you incorporated your friends in the post! I never knew Brooke could sing like that. She's really good. And I love how you used her for an example of strength and confidence a youtuber needs to have a good channel. Keep up the great work!:) I hope to continue reading great posts like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kaylee! I'm so glad you liked my blog post. I'm also very glad that you liked my example of how much dconfidence it takes to make a YouTube channel and to post videos on YouTube. Thank you again , please keep visiting my blog, I love to hear your comments! :)

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed this Kimmy! I like how you chose to talk about a more personal experience and how you actually know people that have channels. This is something people I also know have tried to do but in the end were to afraid of not succeeding. I agree with what you're saying in this post and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you enjoy this blog post Alec! I'm also glad you liked how I have personal examples like Brooke being a YouTuber. I'm glad you shared that personal experience of yours with people you know who were too scared to continue their channel. Please feel free to come back anytime ! :)

      Delete